[Curriculum Directors] UTIPS Transition Meeting

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Tue Jan 29 11:58:43 MST 2013

The below has been distributed to Assessment Directors, TCC and C-forum.  Please feel free to share this invite with additional UTIPS stakeholders.  You are most welcome to participate as well.

Sorry for the short notice.

UTIPS Core Transition Meeting

Please forward the following information to those responsible for UTIPS in your LEA:

USOE has finalized a contract with AIR to develop and implement an adaptive assessment system for the state of Utah. The system includes summative, interim and formative components. The formative piece is scheduled to be available in the fall of 2013 and will replace UTIPS Core. As we work with AIR to develop a transition and deployment schedule, we are seeking feedback from UTIPS stakeholders and users. Please join us on January 31, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. in the USOE’s basement west conference room (http://connect.schools.utah.gov/ad) for a conversation related to the prioritization of formative assessment features and the impact of transitioning to AIR’s system.
Julie Quinn
Coordinator, Test Administration and Data
Assessment & Accountability Section
Utah State Office of Education
julie.quinn at schools.utah.gov<mailto:julie.quinn at schools.utah.gov>