[Curriculum Directors] Amendments to the K-3 Reading Program

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Thu Jan 10 15:02:22 MST 2013

Hello, all.

Senator Howard Stephenson has scheduled a meeting to discuss the K-3 Reading Program and funding. I have included the email from his office below. Senator Stephenson would like input about the K-3 program, including the funding structure, the support the K-3 reading program offers to students and teachers in districts, and how the K-3 program is making a difference in students learning to read.

It would be very helpful if you had specific data about student achievement that you could share that demonstrates how your district's plan for the funding used to directly impact teacher and student performance.

I would like to encourage you to attend the meeting next week on January 15, 4:00PM. It will be held in the Granite School District Auditorium. Please give me a call if you have any questions.

Best wishes-

Tiffany Hall
K-12 Literacy Coordinator
Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education

Subject: FW: Amendments to the K-3 Reading Program

Good Afternoon,

Senator Howard Stephenson has set up a meeting regarding potential legislation to amend the K-3 Reading Program. He would like your input on changes to the program, including changes in funding. The meeting will take place on January 15, 2013, at 4:00 p.m., in Auditorium A of the Granite Administration Building.  Auditorium A is located on the main floor of the second story building located at 2500 South State Street.

Please invite all who have expertise and creative ideas on this subject. Senator Stephenson especially welcomes examples of ideas that have worked in other schools. You may contact Angie Stallings, Debra Hale, or Senator Stephenson, if you have questions.

Angela Stallings, Associate General Counsel
Debra Hale, Legislative Secretary
Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel
Utah State Capitol Complex
House Building, W210
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
(801) 538-1032