[Curriculum Directors] MyON Books Webinar
rick at dsdf.org
Fri Dec 6 16:07:25 MST 2013
Please share this with teachers in your schools and districts:
Webinar: An Introduction to myON Books
This interactive webinar will provide educators with basic information on the myON books trial currently underway in Utah.
Topics include an overview of the myON books platform and digital collection, navigation, search options, online and offline access.
Plan to join the webinar to learn more and test drive myON with your students today.
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Time: 3:30 pm Mountain.
Click on this link to join the webinar:
To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to: https://capstonedigital.webex.com/capstonedigital/systemdiagnosis.php.
We have a new resource to pilot in the Pioneer Library, and we would like your input.
myON Offers Access to Thousands of Enhanced Digital Books
Through the Utah Reads! initiative, students and their families across the state will have unlimited access to reading material on myON<http://myon.com/>, giving families an opportunity to share rich literacy experiences together.
* Thousands of digital books ranging from illustrated and picture books to chapter books, graphic novels, literary non-fiction, photo and informational texts spanning multiple eras and cultures.
* The collection includes 70% nonfiction, 10% Spanish or dual language and 20% Hi-Lo titles, and is continually growing.
* A wide range of titles and topics provides varying levels of text complexity and supports close reading in a range of genres and content areas, including history/social studies, science and technical works.
* Through a secure environment, students have unlimited access to the entire digital library, within the parameters set by the Utah State Office of Education.
* There's no limit to the number of students who can read the same book at the same time on myON.
* Books are available online anytime, anywhere students have access to an Internet connection, 24x7.
* myON books feature flexible reading scaffolds: naturally recorded audio to model fluency, word and sentence highlighting, and an embedded dictionary to support vocabulary development, providing students the opportunity to grow and develop content specific vocabulary in context.
Utah is currently participating in a trial to explore the option of using myOn digital books in schools and homes. This trial will extend through January 31, 2014, and USOE and UEN will be evaluating usage records and survey results determine interest and need. You can access the trial website at:
K-12 Literacy Coordinator
Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education
Please note: Utah has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state employees regarding state business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CD