[Curriculum Directors] Educator Evaluation Plans

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Wed Apr 24 12:57:05 MDT 2013

Curriculum Directors,

>From the emails, calls, and personal contacts we are receiving, it appears that you are working hard on your evaluation plans to submit to the Public Educator Evaluation Requirements (PEER) Committee.  As you are aware, the PEER Committee will review the plans the end of May in order to submit them to the Board of Education in August.  I have attached three documents to help guide you in this process.

1.       The template for your plan.  This is the same template as the sample plan with an additional section on your evaluation committee.

2.       The checklist the PEER committee will use to determine compliance with Board rule.

3.       A memo outlining elements that will help you develop a quality system
Please forward this information to your designee if you are not the one filling out the plan.  Feel free to contact me or a member of our Educator Effectiveness  team as you work through this plan.  We want to assist you in developing and employing a system that will make a difference in teacher, leader, and student success.

Warm regards,

Sydnee Dickson
Director, Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education
sydnee.dickson at schools.utah.gov<mailto:sydnee.dickson at schools.utah.gov>
(801)538-7788
Please note: Utah has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state employees regarding state business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.