[Curriculum Directors] Summer Arts Program

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Tue Apr 2 10:03:34 MDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,  We are excited to launch an intensive arts initiative for teachers this summer, described in the attached brochure.  I would be grateful if you could forward this attachment and the following email to your graduating students and to alumni of your programs:

Dear educators:

We are excited to launch an intensive arts initiative for teachers this summer, described in the attached brochure.   The program is open to elementary and secondary teachers in any subjects who want to integrate arts into their teaching.

Participants are welcome to attend the full two weeks from June 17-28, or you may choose to participate in just one or more of the art forms, each of which is presented in two and one-half days:

June 17-19 - Dance
June 19-21 - Music
June 24-26 - Theatre
June 26-28 - Visual Arts

The summer session is followed by on-line seminars during the school year in which participants develop and implement integrative arts projects, supported by artists and mentors from Westminster.  Participation in the program is free, but you also have the option of receiving graduate credit for the program by paying the regular Westminster tuition.

To register, send a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the initiative and which of the art forms you wish to attend.  The priority deadline for this summer's program is April 19.  Applications and questions about the program may be addressed to Dr. David Dynak, the program director:  ddynak at westminstercollege.edu<mailto:ddynak at westminstercollege.edu>

Robert A. Shaw, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Education