[Curriculum Directors] Core Academy Registration Update

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Mon Apr 1 15:36:01 MDT 2013

Hello, all!

Core Academy registration is off and running.  While we had some glitches during pre-registration, we were able to respond quickly to teachers' issues and successfully register 2,492 teachers! Many teachers logged into OnTrack for the first time; we are excited that they are beginning to see the power of a one-stop resource for all our professional development offered throughout the state.

This morning, April 1, we opened registration throughout the state for all Core Academy sites. So far, we've had over 300 hundred teachers register. Please remind your teachers that all sites and dates are now open-there are no restrictions about where they attend.

We will also be sending periodic reminders that if circumstances change and a teacher can no longer attend Core Academy, we would appreciate him/her going back into OnTrack and dropping the course. This will help us keep track of enrollment and, if there is a waiting list, allow the next person to attend the class. This can be done by logging into OnTrack, clicking on "My Learning Opportunity Details," and selecting "Remove" from the "Actions" tab.

The Core Academy Administrator Day also opened this morning. We appreciate your support in encouraging administrators to attend. As with the teacher sessions, the discussion and information will be all new-not a repeat of the previous year. Our survey of site administrators is guiding the development of a day looking at successful integration of instructional strategies that support the Utah Core Standards.

Thank you all for your help in communicating effectively with your teachers and for your support of this statewide effort!

Tiffany Hall
K-12 Literacy Coordinator
Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education
Please note: Utah has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state employees regarding state business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.