[Curriculum Directors] Utah Core Standards Survey

Hall, Tiffany Tiffany.Hall at schools.utah.gov
Thu Sep 27 09:37:04 MDT 2012

Dear Curriculum Directors,

At our Curriculum Directors’ meeting on September 19, we discussed the USOE’s statewide efforts to support the implementation of the Utah Core Standards. During the last two years, we have held Core Academy sessions to support program implementation at a broad level. We are now working to provide learning opportunities that differentiate to meet the needs of varying groups of teachers throughout the state.

The USOE is conducting a survey to determine teachers’ levels of implementation and understanding of the Utah Core Standards statewide in all grade levels and subjects. This survey will provide a baseline of teachers’ knowledge and attitudes about the Standards that we will use to define progress over time. The objective information will enable us to make data-driven decisions about Standards issues to support your work in the districts and inform the conversation throughout the state.

Please support this effort by forwarding the description and survey link below to all your schools and encouraging teachers to respond. We appreciate your help in contributing to the conversation.

Thank you!

****

Dear fellow educators:

Since 2010, the new Utah Core Standards have been reviewed, discussed, and implemented in classrooms throughout Utah. To determine the level of understanding and implementation of the Standards, the Utah State Office of Education is conducting a state-wide survey of teachers in all subjects and administrators.

Your anonymous response to this survey will inform us about the responses and attitudes of professional educators to the Standards: your understanding, your implementation, and your needs for ongoing support.

We appreciate your work with the Standards and hope that you will participate in creating this statewide perspective of education in Utah.

The link to the survey is:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ImplementationUCS

The survey is currently open and will close on October 17, 2012.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Your collaboration and support is invaluable to our efforts.

Tiffany Hall
K-12 Literacy Coordinator
Teaching and Learning