[Curriculum Directors] Invitation to Civics Symposium

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Fri Nov 2 15:35:18 MDT 2012

Dear Educators:

We would like to invite you to attend the upcoming Symposium on Civic and Character Education on November 13th. We still have space available and have extended the registration deadline to Wednesday, November 7th.  We welcome educators at all levels and in all academic areas. We are especially encouraging attendance by principal-teacher teams whenever possible.

Select for link to invitation and agenda<http://civics.utah.gov/homepage/CCCE%20Symposium%20Invitation.pdf>

The morning session will feature remarks from Lt. Governor Bell, and keynote from Dr. Eric Greitens, noted humanitarian, author, and Navy SEAL.

Afternoon Break-out Sessions will include:

  *   History Fair - How to initiate or improve your school's participation
  *   Academic Service Learning
  *   Project Citizen
  *   We the People
  *   Integrating Civic and Character Ed into the Curriculum
  *   Civic and Character Ed and the Common Core
  *   The Three R's Project

Why attend?
- Relicensure points available for participation (1 point per hour of attendance)
- Learn ways to help your school meet Utah State requirements regarding Civic and Character Education
- Network with Civic and Character Education Commission Members and learn about Commission's new grant-making program for teachers and schools
- Meet community partners who collaborate with schools in Civic and Community Ed programs

This event is FREE, including continental breakfast, lunch and evening awards banquet. Participants can attend all or just specific portions of the event. This is a great opportunity to network with community partners and other educators who share an interest in civic engagement, as well as learn new ways to integrate civic and character education into the curriculum.

Please note this link for easy registration for this event: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LG792L8  and visit civics.utah.gov<http://civics.utah.gov> for more information.

Thank you for your support!

Commission on Civic and Character Education
Questions? Call 435-770-6555