[Curriculum Directors] Administrator Day during Core Academy

Hall, Tiffany Tiffany.Hall at schools.utah.gov
Wed May 16 16:12:31 MDT 2012

Hello, all!

We are getting very excited for the Core Academy this summer. Many-most-of our sessions are at full capacity, our facilitators are ready, and we know it will be  great experience for all.

Our Administrator Day will be on WEDNESDAY of each week of the Academy. This is a change from last summer. The dates and locations are available on OnTrack for your administrators to sign up. We ask that you please have them sign up before May 31 so we can better prepare materials and food.

Administrator Day
Wednesday
8:30AM-3:00PM
Register in OnTrack, Core Academy - Administrators' Day (#34408)

We are sending out a needs survey to all administrators who are currently registered; for those who are not registered and are wondering what will be covered, we are responding to our feedback from last summer and have drawn the large blocks (to be shaped fully by the needs assessment) as:

1.       Paradigm shifts in the Core relating to Mathematics

2.       Designing and observing student work and instruction using varying depth of knowledge levels

3.       What "Literacy in Science and History/Social Studies" really means

4.       How the Utah Effective Teaching Standards support these instructional changes

Thank you for passing this information along to your administrators. We hope to see many of them at Academy this summer!

Tiffany Hall
K-12 Literacy Coordinator
Teaching and Learning