[Curriculum Directors] UTIP item writing invitation

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Mon Mar 19 11:27:23 MDT 2012

Hello!

We are In the process of updating the Utah Test Item Pool Server (UTIPS) data bank to ensure that questions in the item bank are aligned with the Utah Core Standards and reflect the changes and increased rigor appropriate for our assessment system.

We are recruiting teachers to participate in item review. We need between 10-15 teachers from grades 3, 4, and 5 to help us review items and write new items. Teachers must be able to attend all of the following days (some may be adjusted based on need):

May 7-8
2-Day Passage Choice/Passage Writing Workshop
Utah Capital (Beehive Room, Olmstead Room, Copper Room)

June 4-8
Week long (5 Day) Item Writing Workshop
Red Lion Hotel, Salt Lake City

Aug. 14-15
2-Day UTIPS remaining items alignment workshop
Utah Capital (Beehive Room, Olmstead Room, Copper Room)

USOE will provide:

*         Subs on school days

*         Stipend on non-school days

*         Meals and snacks

*         Lodging for teachers who travel more than 50 miles to attend

*         Mileage reimbursement for travel

*         Re-licensure points

Teachers who apply must have a knowledge of and understanding the new Utah Core Standards and the UTIPS system. If you have teachers you would like to invite to participate, please forward this invitation to them and ask them to send the attached application to Emily Sweeten at emily.sweeten at schools.utah.gov<mailto:emily.sweeten at schools.utah.gov> by March 30. We will notify teachers selected to participate by April 6.

Thank you for your help!

Tiffany Hall
K-12 Literacy Coordinator
Teaching and Learning