[Curriculum Directors] Curriculum Directors Meeting

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Wed Mar 7 15:15:07 MST 2012

Colleagues,
Thank you so much to those of you who were able to attend the Curriculum Directors meeting today at the beautiful new Utah Natural History Museum.  I neglected to welcome our friends listening in via Wimba.  I believe there were at least nine of you using this tool.   We talked about hard issues and celebrated successes.  I look forward to hearing your stories from the field; both challenging and progressing towards ensuring students are experiencing the kind of instruction and outcomes called for in the Utah Core Standards.  I want you to know how much we appreciate being able to have candid conversations and receive honest feedback from you.  You are our lifeline to the schools and our role is to provide the kind of support you need for program implementation.

I am attaching the url for the video that was sent forward to members of the Utah House of Representatives today, in hopes that common sense will prevail when voting on the Common Core, http://www.youtube.com/UtahPublicEducation/

Group hug,

Sydnee Dickson, Ed.D.
Director, Teaching and Learning
sydnee.dickson at schools.utah.gov<mailto:sydnee.dickson at schools.utah.gov>