[Curriculum Directors] Search for Established Mentoring Programs

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Mon Feb 13 16:48:25 MST 2012

Please see the below message regarding K-16 Mentoring Programs:

As an intern this semester with Susan Madsen and the Governor's Women's College Task Force, I am trying to gather information on existing K-16 mentoring programs in Utah and the nation. Creating/assisting Utah K-12 and colleges/universities with mentoring programs for girls/women is one of the 10 recommendations that the Task Force has recommended to the Governor and state. The hope is that these programs will help motivate and provide the support for groups (e.g., parents, nonprofits, schools, colleges) to implement more programs for girls/women--geared toward keeping them motivated to finish high school, go to college, and then graduate from college (indirectly this is related to many programs). The Task Force recommendations will be presented to the Governor's Education Excellence Commission on February 21st. If the legislature approves the funding, we hope to open the "Utah Center for Women and Higher Education" which will be the "hub" on ongoing related efforts in this state.

If you have any leads for me, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you for your assistance with this as we work to help Utah's girls become successful college graduates.

Sincerely,

Amy Lee
M.Ed. Graduate Intern
amylynnlee111 at yahoo.com