[Curriculum Directors] Core Academy Registration

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Tue Feb 7 12:12:22 MST 2012

Hello!

Registration for the Core Academy sites on the Wasatch Front opens on Thursday, February 16. This email provides some directions to help teachers in the Wasatch Front log into OnTrack and select the appropriate courses. These courses aren't visible until registration opens-by 6:00 AM on Thursday.

We will be running a waiting list for all classes so that if teachers change or have to drop out of the Academy we will be able to replace them with the next candidate. For Literacy in Science  and Literacy in Social Studies, we will be running a larger wait list; if the demand is there, we will open an additional section. That section will not be at the same location or during the same week. Therefore, it's important to encourage your teachers to register for these classes early so that we can best gauge demand and add courses accordingly.

We will be monitoring registration in these first two weeks to ensure that all districts maintain their allocations so that everyone can register as planned.

We appreciate those districts who have volunteered the use of their schools. Thank you all for your support of your teachers-your work is critical to the success of all of our students.

Tiffany Hall
K-12 Literacy Coordinator
Teaching and Learning
Utah State Office of Education

How to register for Common Core Academy 2012:

*         Go to: http://www.schools.utah.gov/main/

*         Click on the OnTrack link<https://usoe.truenorthlogic.com/ia/render.userLayoutRootNode.uP> on the right side

*         Enter your user name in the following format: firstname.lastname

*         Your Password will be your CACTUS ID number. If you do not know your CACTUS ID number, please contact your District Human Resources Department or contact USOE

*         Once you are logged in to OnTrack, click on the yellow Professional Learning Tab at the top

*         Type the "Common Core" under Contains in the Course Title box and select Search

*         The Professional Learning catalog will list the Common Core Academies by grade level.  Select the blue course title of the grade level you would like to attend

*         This page will have all the information about the course and list the locations as sections at the bottom of the screen.  Select Register for the section you would like to attend