[Curriculum Directors] How to teach Argument Writing Cohort Two OPEN
Cook, Tricia M.
Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Tue Oct 11 08:16:45 MDT 2011
Please distribute the following information to secondary schools:
1. Cohort Two for the USOE online book study of George Hillocks' book: Teaching Argument Writing is now open for registration in On-Track under the title: How to Teach Argument Writing. We just completed Cohort One with over 200 educators registered and 137 active.
2. All book study courses are self-paced with rolling registration to fit individual, department, grade level team, and PLC schedules.
3. We also have a hybrid on-line option for those who would like to start the book study in their school or at the district and then respond on-line in their own forum. We have one school that has already worked together to design their own schedule. The moderator is a 6th grade teacher who was in Cohort One. There is a Moderator's Guide available for those who would like to moderate.
4. We will also begin a Hillocks' book study for secondary school administrators across the state: that Section is already available in On-Track for registration.
5. The new Secondary Language Arts website at the USOE website has other resources available from the 2011 Common Core Academy as well as other opportunities for Professional Learning and collaboration. Here is the link:
6. If you have questions please email me at Christelle.estrada at schools.utah.gov<mailto:Christelle.estrada at schools.utah.gov> or call me.
Dr. Christelle Estrada
Utah State Office of Education
Secondary Language Arts Specialist
801.538.7500 ext. 87616
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CD