[Curriculum Directors] Curriculum Directors Meeting

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Wed Dec 7 11:50:04 MST 2011

Curriculum Directors,

In place of the previously announced Curriculum Directors meeting on January 11th at Canyons School District, we will be holding Regional Curriculum Meetings across the state. Please see the below meeting schedule and visit the OnTrack site<http://usoe.truenorthlogic.com/ia/render.userLayoutRootNode.uP?ReturnUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fusoe.truenorthlogic.com%2Fia%2Ftag.3e4470d93a20841c.render.userLayoutRootNode.target.n8.uP%3F%24orpath%3D%2Fcourse%2Fshowcourse%26id%3D34044%26whence%3Dusearch%26uP_root%3Dn8> to RSVP for the meeting you wish to attend. Please take the January 11th meeting off of your calendar and replace it with the regional meeting you plan to attend.

The meeting will focus on the connection between the new Utah Teaching Standards and instructional standards called for in Utah Common Core Standards.  The meeting will include breakouts in English Language Arts, Mathematics and Science. We will follow-up with the specific agenda in the coming weeks. The target audience for this meeting is district content area staff, Superintendents, and teacher leaders in your schools.

Please go to the link below to register through OnTrack. It is imperative you register in OnTrack so we may be prepared with the proper amounts of materials and meals.

Registration:
How to Register with OnTrack:
1. Login to OnTrack: http://usoe.truenorthlogic.com/
2. Click-on Professional Learning (third tab) and search Course #34044 or course title: USOE Regional Curriculum Meetings 2012<http://usoe.truenorthlogic.com/ia/render.userLayoutRootNode.uP?ReturnUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fusoe.truenorthlogic.com%2Fia%2Ftag.3e4470d93a20841c.render.userLayoutRootNode.target.n8.uP%3F%24orpath%3D%2Fcourse%2Fshowcourse%26id%3D34044%26whence%3Dusearch%26uP_root%3Dn8>
3. Click on the Register Button for the section (location) you wish to attend
4. *Important* Make sure click on the Next Button in the next window to confirm your registration. If you do not see the window titled Registration Confirmation telling you "Congratulations, you have successfully registered for the course: USOE Regional Curriculum Meetings 2012" you have not completed your registration. You will also receive an email message from noreply at truenorthlogic confirming your registration.

USOE Regional Curriculum Meeting Locations:
All meetings will run from 10:00 am to 2:30 pm
> January 18, 2012: Iron School District
> January 19, 2012: Carbon School District
> January 20, 2012: Provo School District
> January 23, 2012: Weber School District
> January 24, 2012: Granite School District

Please contact Tricia Cook at tricia.cook at schools.utah.gov<mailto:tricia.cook at schools.utah.gov> with any questions.

Thank you,

Sydnee Dickson, Ed.D.
Director, Teaching and Learning