[Curriculum Directors] ELA Common Core Books

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Tue Aug 2 11:19:25 MDT 2011

Dear Education Community,

About two weeks ago I sent out an email asking how many LEAs would be interested in purchasing the spiral bound ELA Common Core books we had at this summer's Common Core Academy. Based on the number of books LEAs showed an interest in purchasing we have obtained a bid from USOE printing for $8.05 per book. This price is based on a bulk order of 5000 books. Please note, this bulk price is only guaranteed for the first 5000 books, the price may change if we need to order more.

The books are currently being printed and are expected to be finished the week of August 15th. You will have the option to pick up the books from USOE printing or have them shipped to you for an additional cost.

District school orders need to go through their district office. The Superintendent's office from each district will place one order for the entire district. The district office will be responsible for distributing the books to their schools. Charter School Directors or Principals can place the order for their schools.

To order the books, please fill out the attached order form and send back to me. You may send your order via email (preferred), fax or mail. Please see my contact information below. Once I have received your order you will receive a confirmation. When printing is complete, I will let you know details on when you can pick up the order or when we expect to ship.

Approximate cost of shipping is $4.00 to $7.00 per box. Upon receipt of your order form, printing will calculate shipping and notify you of the shipping cost. If you want to pick up the order, please indicate this on the order form. Checks for the amount of the order must be received by USOE either at the time of pick up or prior to shipping.

Thank you,

Tricia Cook
Teaching &  Learning
Utah State Office of Education