[Curriculum Directors] Common Core Academy Registration DEADLINE
Cook, Tricia M.
Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Fri Apr 29 14:17:44 MDT 2011
Dear District/Charter Common Core Contact Persons:
On Monday afternoon, registration will open for the unassigned slots for the Common Core Academy. Registration will no longer be the responsibility of the registrars. The individual participants who wish to attend the Common Core Academy will register themselves. If you have participants to register, do so before the deadline of April 30th. Registrars will no longer have the ability to register participants after Monday afternoon .
We are dealing with over-enrollment in some of the 9th Grade Mathematics locations due to combined sessions. Enrollment for 9th Grade Math ONLY is CLOSED for Washington, Iron, Richfield, Davis, Ogden, Weber, Canyons, Jordan, and Logan. There are 5 spots left in Granite. Please be mindful while registering teachers in Alpine, Provo, and Nebo. These sections are combined and should not exceed 30 total, and there are only two slots left. All other locations are open, with the most slots available in Park City.
After Monday afternoon, if you have people in your district or charter who desire to register, encourage them to do so on their own. I have attached a quick guide below to help individuals navigate the registration process.
If your district or charter agreed to pay stipends to your participants, please be aware that all teachers with Cactus ID numbers will have access to register for Common Core Academy on Monday afternoon. It is up to the discretion of individual districts to decide on their own stipend procedures for Common Core Academy for those teachers who take it upon themselves to register.
Thank you for your fantastic assistance with this complicated and massive undertaking.
How to register for Common Core Academy 2011:
* Go to: http://www.schools.utah.gov/main/
* Click on the OnTrack link<https://usoe.truenorthlogic.com/ia/render.userLayoutRootNode.uP> on the right side
* Enter your user name in the following format: firstname.lastname
* Your Password will be your CACTUS ID number. If you do not know your CACTUS ID number, please contact your District Human Resources Department. If you are still having issues with logging in, contact Penny.Ford at schools.utah.gov<mailto:Penny.Ford at schools.utah.gov> or call the USOE Teaching and Learning department at 801-538-7698 and ask for Ontrack log-in help.
* Once you are logged in to OnTrack, click on the Professional Learning Tab at the top
* Type the word "Common" under Contains in the Course Title box
* Click on Search, from here you will be able to view all locations and sections by grade level.
* To view a course, click the blue course title.
* To register for a section, click the Register button in the Section Status column (1st column).
* If a course is full, it will allow 10 people to be added to the waitlist. If a person withdrawals from a section, the system will register the 1st person on the waitlist and send a notice via e-mail.
Teaching & Learning
Utah State Office of Education
250 E. 500 South PO Box 144200
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4200
801-538-7788 tricia.cook at schools.utah.gov<mailto:tricia.cook at schools.utah.gov>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CD