[Curriculum Directors] Curr. Directors

Hunt, Patty Patty.Hunt at schools.utah.gov
Thu May 13 09:49:02 MDT 2010

Dear Superintendents and Curriculum Directors,
Attached is the application for the 2010-2011 Elementary Principals Literacy Institute.  This will be our ninth year of a program that provides deep training and a high level of expertise to principals about how to improve their literacy programs.  Please note that we require a principal's supervisor to approve the application. Also, we have found that it may be best for a principal to not participate during his/her first year as a building principal-there is enough to learn that year!  That said, we encourage you to forward this opportunity to principals, and perhaps even hand pick principals to participate in the Institute. We hope to enroll a group of around 40-45 principals. Applications are typically approved on a first-in basis, so please encourage principals to apply soon. The deadline is August 13th, but it may fill up before then.  Please contact me if you have questions about the Elementary Principals Literacy Institute. Thank you for your support.

Dr. Reed F. Spencer
Coordinator, K-12 Literacy
Utah State Office of Education
(801)538-7785