[Curriculum Directors] Math Textbooks

Mary Kay Kirkland MaryKay.KIrkland at besd.net
Fri Feb 19 12:48:00 MST 2010

Dear Fellow Curriculum Directors,

I am sure that you have plenty of money in each of your respective
districts, but here in Box Elder School District, we have frozen funds
for textbooks for the past two years and the 2010-2011 school year isn't
looking favorable for purchases of any kind.

We were scheduled to adopt new math textbooks at the secondary level in
2008-2009 so our math books are currently nine years old.  We are
looking for any district that has surplus books, or is adopting new math
books and might be disposing of old books.  We hate to have to purchase
new books to fill in the gaps for an old adoption.

The texts we are currently using are:

1.       Algebra 1
Holt, Rinehart & Winston                              copyright 2003

2.       Algebra Concepts / Applications                Glencoe
copyright 2001

3.       Algebra II
Holt, Rinehart & Winston                              copyright 2003

4.       Calculus Graphing/Numerical                     Prentice Hall
copyright 2003

5.       Geometry
Holt, Rinehart & Winston                              copyright 2003

6.       Geometry Concepts/Applications            Glencoe
copyright 2001

7.       Middle School Math Course 1                     Holt, Rinehart
& Winston                              copyright 2004

8.       Middle School Math Course 2                     Holt, Rinehart
& Winston                              copyright 2004

9.       Pre-Algebra Tools for Changing World    Holt, Rinehart &
Winston                              copyright 2001

If you have any of these books that you are disposing of, or if you have
books that you think might match the list, please let me know.

Happy Spring!

Thank you,

Mary Kay Kirkland
Box Elder School District