[Curriculum Directors] On Behalf of Syd Dickson

Cook, Tricia M. Tricia.Cook at schools.utah.gov
Wed Dec 22 12:24:27 MST 2010

Teaching and Learning Friends,

We look forward to meeting with you at the State Curriculum Directors meeting on Jan. 5th at Granite School District, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.  The focus of this meeting will be supporting you as LEAs in building capacity for sustainable, systemic, continuous, improvement in instruction as we implement the Common Core.   A portion of our time together will be spent in groups of similar demographics discussing issues around this focus.
The agenda items are all tied to preparing teachers for high quality instruction and therefore, students for high quality learning.  In order to be prepared for this meeting we are attaching a set of questions for you to consider and come prepared to share your thinking.  We look forward to engaging with you in this very important work.  Please RSVP to my new assistant, Tricia Cook at tricia.cook at schools.utah.gov<mailto:tricia.cook at schools.utah.gov> if you haven't done so.

Agenda Items

*         Update on Common Core rollout

*         Sharing of K-1 mathematics tutoring project

*         Utah Instructional Media Center update

*         New features of OnTrack

*         STEM website

*         Details of Common Core Academy

*         Small group discussion on LEA implementation

*         Large group discussion on USOE support

Sydnee Dickson, Ed.D.
Director, Teaching and Learning
sydnee.dickson at schools.utah.gov<mailto:sydnee.dickson at schools.utah.gov>