[Curriculum Directors] Thank You - On Behalf of Lynne Greenwood

Hunt, Patty Patty.Hunt at schools.utah.gov
Wed Apr 21 06:33:03 MDT 2010

Dear Curriculum Directors and Committee Members,
I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for a decade of support.  How quickly time flies.  As you probably know, I will be retiring on April 30, 2010.  This will end my career of 44 wonderful years.  I wish to thank all of you for your great support and enduring friendship throughout the years.  United we have accomplished much in behalf of Utah's students and educators.

Superintendent Shumway has appointed Dr. Syd Dickson as my replacement.  She will be combining the Curriculum and Instruction section with the Educator Quality and Licensing section.  Syd has assured me that she will be continuing the work of our High School Redesign committee and many other great efforts put on hold due to the agency's work with Race to the Top and this past legislative session. The agency is currently reapplying for Race to the Top.  Results of this second effort should be known by August 2010.

Syd will bring much expertise and energy to the position.  I'm sure that all of you will enjoy working with her.  If you have any immediate issues, please do not hesitate to contact me or feel free to contact Syd during this time of transition.

Finally, many thanks for the wonderful e-mails, cards, phone calls, and drop-in visits.  Also again, thank you for the beautiful pottery presented at the last Curriculum Directors' meeting.  This will be a lasting reminder of all of you, the educators who make it happen.  Your the best!  I hope to see you again as I play golf, travel, enjoy Bridge, and pursue any one of my new endeavors in learning to do all the things I've never had time for.

Always,
Lynne Greenwood