[Curriculum Directors] Kndergarten Assessment

Hunt, Patty Patty.Hunt at schools.utah.gov
Mon Jun 29 11:04:00 MDT 2009

Dear Curriculum Directors, and other interested parties,

Attached is the draft of the new Kindergarten Assessment.  There are four separate documents, all of which need to be used during the assessment:

1.       Administration and Scoring Guide,

2.       Student Copies (pages for the student to look at during the assessment),

3.       Student Handouts (pages students will write on during the assessment), and

4.       Student Score Sheet (on which the person administering the assessment keeps notes).
The assessment is designed so that the teacher records the student responses on a bubble sheet as the test is given.

Please treat it as the controlled document it is-meaning you are free to share it with others for review and feedback purposes, but don¡¯t let it out other than that.

I encourage you to print and administer the assessment for the next month or so on family or friends or other willing victims.   Get a sense of how it works and then get feedback to me. I would love the feedback.  It is still in draft form.  Please get any feedback to me by Thursday, July 23rd  so that a final version can be ready by our first training session.

Training sessions will be held:
Monday, August 3rd from 1:30 - 3:30pm in the USOE Boardroom.
OR
Friday August 7th from 9:00 - 11:00am in the Alpine School District Offices.
Please RSVP which meeting you want to attend to Emily at Emily.sweeten at schools.utah.gov<mailto:Emily.sweeten at schools.utah.gov>

Reed
Dr. Reed F. Spencer
Coordinator, K-12 Literacy