[Curriculum Directors] December 2nd Curriculum Directors Meeting

Hunt, Patty Patty.Hunt at schools.utah.gov
Thu Nov 13 15:44:03 MST 2008

Dear Curriculum Directors,
This is a resend of a previous message.  The attachment contains more detail of this ELL training.
Please RSVP at your convenience.  You need not RSVP again if you have already registered.

The next Curriculum Directors meeting is scheduled for December 2.  It will be held at the Jordan Auxiliary (9150 S 500 West, Sandy).

The first half of the meeting will be an English Language Learner training.  This is  an opportunity to receive information from  Kathleen Leos who is the former Assistant Deputy Secretary & Director of the Office of English Language Acquisition in the U.S. Department of Education.  The attached flyer contains a proposed agenda as well as a registration form.

The last half of the day will focus on general curriculum issues.

At the last Curriculum Directors' meeting, group members voiced their opinion to have meetings available by Interactive Video Conference (IVC).  Apparently an IVC session is not available at the Jordan Auxiliary.  Once we go outside USOE, broadcast options become difficult at best, and completely unavailable at times.  We will continue to seek an alternate delivery method for future meetings.  (The next meeting at USOE on February 18, 2009, will be available via IVC.  We are currently checking on the availability for an IVC at the Weber District Office on April 30, 2009.)

Please direct any questions you may have to patty.hunt at schools.utah.gov<mailto:patty.hunt at schools.utah.gov> or 801 538-7788.
RSVP's are being accepted.

Lynne Greenwood
Curriculum and Instruction, Director