[Curriculum Directors] Blue Ribbon on WIMBA 8-20-08

Hunt, Patty Patty.Hunt at schools.utah.gov
Fri Aug 15 10:13:02 MDT 2008

Dear Curriculum Directors,
We are arranging a WIMBA conference for Curriculum Directors on August 20, 2008.  The purpose of the meeting will be to present the Blue Ribbon Assessment report, as well as a legislative implementation update.  The time for the WIMBA meeting will be from 9am-12pm.
(WIMBA is an online conferencing tool. This will be excellent for those who cannot attend in person.)

Please rsvp if you plan to attend, whether in person or on WIMBA (patty.hunt at schools.utah.gov<mailto:patty.hunt at schools.utah.gov>).  We will conduct the meeting from the South Board Room at USOE.
No meals or refreshments will be provided.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you,

Patty Hunt
Curriculum and Instruction
Utah State Office of Education
250 East 500 South
P.O. Box 144200
Salt Lake City, UT  84114-4200
Phone: 801 538-7788
Fax: 801 538-7769

INSTRUCTIONS

You have been invited to join a WIMBA Classroom session on Wednesday, August 20th from 9-12pm.

To insure this meeting is successful, there are a few things that you should know before coming to the meeting.  You should have a USB headset with microphone, a headset with mic attached, speakers, or a telephone.  Ideally you should be connected to the internet via hardwire NOT wireless.

Please click this link:  http://67.202.210.76/launcher.cgi?room=k12_kimmellin to enter WIMBA. Please click the participant box then type your name (first and last name) in the top box. Please do NOT fill out the bottom boxes as you are NOT required to enter a user-id and password.  This link takes you to a computer wizard giving you some steps to ensure your computer is set up properly. You will have to allow pop-ups for this conference. Once you are through the wizard, you will be taken to a log-on page. Click "launch" and you should be entering the virtual classroom.

WIMBA Room
Name: Utah State Office of Education's Virtual Classroom

Time and Duration
Start Time: August 20, 2008 at 9:00 A.M. -12:00 P.M.
Duration: 2 hours

Phone Access
Dial-in number(s): Phone (201) 549-7592
Phone PIN: 41903886

NOTE: For those of you who would like to "try" this prior to Wednesday, we will open the classroom on Monday, August 18, from 1- 3 pm. Please feel free to contact Patty Hunt at 801 538-7788 or Amber Bowden at 801 538-7664 for questions during this time.

***The entire meeting will be archived and available from the Curriculum Directors web page by August 21. Please see: http://www.schools.utah.gov/curr/directors/ for the link under "Governor's Blue Ribbon Panel on Assessment Outreach Meeting Schedule." Find "WIMBA for August 20."
Lynne Greenwood
Curriculum and Instruction, Director
Utah State Office of Education
lynne.greenwood at schools.utah.gov<mailto:lynne.greenwood at schools.utah.gov>