[Curriculum Directors] Curriculum Director's Meeting 01/09/2007

Myers, Kelly Kelly.Myers at schools.utah.gov
Tue Dec 11 12:09:00 MST 2007

Dear Curriculum Directors,

Three Items:

1)      The next Curriculum Directors meeting will be January 9, 2008.
It will be held at the Davis School District Office in the Auditorium,
45 East State Street, Farmington.  The meeting begins at 9:00 a.m. and
be proceeded by 30 minutes for networking.

a.      Agenda Items

                                                               i.
Pending Legislation

                                                             ii.
Reporting of Competency Measures Project

                                                            iii.
Promising Practices in Educations - Discussion

                                                           iv.
Using Formative Assessment to Inform Instruction

                                                             v.
Interventions that Work - Latest from the Center on Instruction

                                                           vi.
Other Items

b.      If you have additional Items please send them before the
holidays.

2)      The following link will connect you to a useful article by Jill
Hearne: "Assessment as a Tool for Learning".  The article will be useful
as a starting point for the discussion on item iv on the agenda - Using
Formative Assessment to Inform Instruction.
http://www.newhorizons.org/strategies/assess/hearne.htm
<http://www.newhorizons.org/strategies/assess/hearne.htm>

3)      I shall be retiring from the Utah State Office of Education at
the end of this calendar year.  My last day of employment will be
December 31, 2007.  I greatly value my opportunity to work in public
education the past 34 years.  It has been a pleasure to work and
associate with so many fine Utah educators.  I will treasure my
experiences in education the rest of my life.

Thank you,

Brett

Brett D. Moulding

Utah Office of Education