[cd] FW: Classworks Alert (Modified by Kathleen Webb)

Loamanu, Susan sloamanu@usoe.k12.ut.us
Tue, 25 May 2004 09:55:24 -0600

Hi all,
Many of you may have received an e-mail from Chris Balash from Currculum
Advantage/Classworks which stated they were
going to announce a purchasing agreeement with USOE for their product.

Let me set the record straight, there is NO purchasing agreement. This
would
have required an RFP and a contract, neither of which has occurred. No
state
funds have been obligated to Classworks or are they receiving any
preferential treatment or endorsement from USOE.

Curriculum Advantage/Classworks has offered and is announcing that they
will
make their deepest discounted prices available to all Utah schools for
the
next 6 months. Basically this means that a smaller district could
purchase
at the same price point as a larger district.

This week they have scheduled several presentations to demonstrate their
product and give out the pricing information for the next 6 months.

I apologize for any confusion and/or deception this may have caused.

Rick