[cd] FW: UASCD - Help to get the word out

Dahn, Vicky vdahn@usoe.k12.ut.us
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:39:14 -0600

FYI

Announcing the 2002 UASCD Conference
Tuesday, October 29 and Wednesday, October 30
at the Yarrow Hotel in Park City

Does it ever feel like you're trying to put a puzzle together?
Are you trying to work out how to fit all of the current school =
priorities
together =AD assessment, curriculum, quality instruction, technology, =
theory
and research?    We have an opportunity to help you put the pieces =
together
to focus on improved student achievement!  Put the 2002 Utah ASCD =
conference
on your calendar -- Tuesday, October 29 and Wednesday, October 30 at =
the
Yarrow Hotel in Park City.
=20
The Yarrow Hotel, newly renovated for the 2002 Olympics, has given us =
great
room prices, so bring a group, enjoy the conference and plan to stay =
for the
afternoon and evening to enjoy some of the shopping and ambiance of =
Park
City!

Keynote speakers will be Bob Marzano, Deb Pickering, and John Brown.
Marzano and Pickering are prolific writers and popular consultants.  =
John
Brown is Supervisor of Program Development, Prince George's Co. Public
Schools, Landover, MD and member of the ASCD faculty.

Some selected books by the keynote speakers include:
EUR A Handbook for Classroom Instruction That Works, by Robert J. =
Marzano
EUR Classroom Instruction That Works: Research-Based Strategies for
Increasing
Student Achievement, by Robert J. Marzano, Debra J. Pckering, and Jane =
E.
Pollock
EUR Assessing Student Outcomes: Performance Assessment Using the =
Dimensions
of
Learning Model, by Robert J. Marzano, Debra Pickering, and Jay McTighe
EUR Dimensions of Learning Teacher's Manual, by Robert J. Marzano and =
Debra
J.
Pickering=20
EUR Dimensions of Learning Trainer's Manual, by Robert J. Marzano and =
Debra
J.
Pickering=20
EUR A Different Kind of Classroom: Teaching with Dimensions of =
Learning, by
Robert J. Marzano
EUR Dimensions of Thinking: A Framework for Curriculum and Instruction  =
by
Robert J. Marzano, Ronald S. Brandt, Carolyn Sue Hughes, Beau Fly =
Jones,
Barbara Z. Presseisen, Stuart C. Rankin, and Charles Suhor
EUR Observing Dimensions of Learning in Classrooms and Schools, by John =
L.
Brown
EUR The Hero's Journey: How Educators Can Transform Schools and Improve
Learning, by John L. Brown and Cerylle A. Moffett

The conference will feature recognition of Future Teachers from our =
teacher
training colleges and universities and recognition of our Educator of =
the
Year. We are also pleased to announce that Rich Kendall, Assistant to
Governor Leavitt for Education, will join us at the dinner session to
discuss future directions for education in Utah and to highlight =
emerging
ideas that schools need to consider. =20