[cd] Curriculum Directors Meeting, November 28

Loamanu, Susan sloamanu@usoe.k12.ut.us
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:40:04 -0700

> Dear Curriculum Directors:
>
> Our next Curriculum Directors meeting is coming up on Wednesday, November
> 28. We will address timely issues including legislature, assessment, and
> Olympics. A tentative agenda follows for your review.
>
> Continental breakfast will be available from 8:00-9:00 a.m. The room will
> be available for you to hold networking discussions during that time. The
> agenda will begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at 1:00 p.m. Lunch will be
> provided.
>
> Curriculum Directors Meeting
> Wednesday, November 28, 2991
> 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Jordan Auxiliary
> ____________9150 South 500 West __________
> Salt Lake City
>
> Please contact Susan Loamanu, 801-538-7820 or sloamanu@usoe.k12.ut.us, to
> let us know if you plan to attend. Your response allows us to make
> adequate plans for lunches and seating.Testing directors and Special
> Education directors are invited to attend this meeting. Also, Curriculum
> Directors are invited to attend the Testing Directors meeting that will
> begin at 1:00 p.m. in the same room.
>
> Hope to see you there.
>
> Linda Alder
> Coordinator, Curriculum and Instruction
> Utah State Office of Education
>
> Tentative Agenda

[Loamanu, Susan]
8:00 - 9:00  Networking & Continental Breakfast

I.	Greetings and Introductions			Linda Alder

II.	Legislative Update				Vicky Dahn
	-  State Board Legislative Proposal		Linda Mariotti
	-  Public Education Enhancement Task ForceSherrie Wasden
		-  Other Hot Items

III.	Basic Skills Competency Test			Vicky Dahn
	-  Focus Group				Nan Gray
		-  Remediation Group
		-  New Rules

IV.	New State Board Rules			Vicky Dahn
	-  R277-700.  The Elementary and		Nan Gray
		Secondary School Core Curriculum		Barbara
Lawrence
		-  R277-705.  Secondary School Completion
		and Diplomas

V.	Spring Testing Timeline			Barbara Lawrence

VI.	Core-Related Olympics Resources		Rick Gaisford

VII.	National Board Certification			Rebecca Anderson
	Professional Development Continuum

Lunch

VIII.	Access to the General Core			Pat Beckman

IX.	Curriculum Announcements
	-  Curriculum Calendar			Linda Alder
	-  Distance Learning Endorsement		George Miller
							Tom Nickel

X.	Issues and Discussion				Curriculum Directors

Susan Loamanu
Executive Secretary
Curriculum/Instructional Services
Phone:  (801) 538-7820