[CCGP Info] Utah College Application Week (UCAW) 2019

Herrera, Kim Kim.Herrera at schools.utah.gov
Fri Aug 16 16:08:05 MDT 2019

The following information is from Lais Martínez, USHE College Access Coordinator. Please contact her directly at lmartinez at ushe.edu<mailto:lmartinez at ushe.edu> if you have questions.

Dear Counselors,

I hope this email finds all of you well and rested after your summer break. My name is Lais Martinez, I help to coordinate UCAW statewide through USHE. Attached in this email are the high schools that have registered their school as a UCAW partnering school. If you do not see your school on this list please, take 3-5 min to fill out the UCAW annual renewal form here: https://stepuputah.com/ucaw-site-app/. Sign up by: Friday, August 30.

Benefits of participating as a UCAW school:

1.            Participating schools will receive grade appropriate list of college awareness activities to be carried out during October (ie. College door decorating challenge, college t-shirt day

2.            Access to USHE sponsored materials (ie. "Ask Me About College" buttons for staff/faculty, "I applied" stickers for students)

3.            Access to UCAW state coordinator for additional support, materials and trainings-including a 4-week best practices zoom series starting the first week of September

If your school is already registered but you have an edit and/or change that needs to be made to your UCAW date or material request, please email me directly ASAP. These dates have been shared on a google calendar with all of the college reps in the state. It is however, still the high schools responsibility to reach out and share specific details around your UCAW event.

UCAW requested materials (stickers, buttons, banners) will be disseminated at the USHE Counselor Conference on Monday, September 9 when you check-in. If your school is not planning on sending a representative to this event, please email me and I will ship your materials directly to your school (first week of September).

Lastly, StepUp has officially merged with Utah Futures. The new UCAW 2019 url for counselors with training materials, fee waivers, student survey, etc. should be ready by Monday, September 2.

Best,
Lais

Lais Kariana Martínez
(She, Her, Hers)
College Access Coordinator
Utah System of Higher Education
P: 801-366-8454  Email: lmartinez at ushe.edu<mailto:lmartinez at ushe.edu>
Sign up for UCAW 2019 HERE<https://stepuputah.com/ucaw-site-app/>

"Read more. Learn more. Change the globe" -Nas

_______________________________________________________ This message is intended for the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to the sender that you have received this transmission in error, and then delete it. Thank you _______________________________________________________   ­­