[CCGP Info] FW: USBE Program Evaluation Survey

Todd, Holly Holly.Todd at schools.utah.gov
Fri Dec 21 09:53:42 MST 2018

Dear School Counselors,

I am working with the Utah State Board of Education to understand the promotion of college and career readiness in the State of Utah.  The following survey asks about your knowledge, confidence, skills, activities, and overall thoughts about college and career readiness.

We hope you recognize the importance of this survey and will take 5-10 minutes out of your day to complete this survey.  Survey will close on Friday, January 4, 2019

Please click on this link to be directed to the survey:  College & Career Readiness Survey<https://educationutah.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8zUuPFGt7255PV3>

Background
In 2015, HB 198 created the “Strengthening College & Career Readiness Program,” a grant program for local education agencies to improve students’ college and career readiness through enhancing the skill level of school counselors to provide college and career counseling.  The Utah State Board of Education (USBE) subsequently developed a certificate for school counselors that included three different components.  Whether or not you participated in any of these components, we would like to understand your knowledge, confidence, skills, activities, and overall thoughts about college and career readiness.

Study Procedure
To participate in this survey, click on the link titled “College & Career Readiness Survey.” You may take the survey on a computer or mobile phone.  Most of the questions require you to click on a button to respond; however, a few require text entry.  The survey will take 5-10 minutes to complete.

Accommodations
A few questions in this survey are not WCAG AA/508 accessible.  If you use a document reader, please contact me and I can set up a time to read the survey to you and collect your responses.

Confidentiality
Although we are collecting some demographic data, this is an anonymous survey.  Your responses will be kept strictly confidential and will be stored on a password protected computer connected to a secure server.  This data will only be accessible to the researchers working on this project.  If you provide your name and contact information for us to follow-up with you, we will not link this information to your responses.  Anonymity is guaranteed in the reporting of the data.

Person to Contact
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints, or would like to offer additional comments or feedback, please contact A.J. Metz, director of the School Counseling Program at the University of Utah, at 801-587-1719 or aj.metz at utah.edu<mailto:aj.metz at utah.edu>.

A.J. Metz, Ph.D.
Associate Chair, Department of Educational Psychology
Director, School Counseling Program
Associate Professor, Counseling Psychology Program
Department of Educational Psychology
University of Utah
1721 Campus Center Drive, SAEC Room #3227
Salt Lake City, UT  84112-8914
Phone: (801) 587-1719
FAX: (801) 581-5566
aj.metz at utah.edu<mailto:aj.metz at utah.edu>