[CCGP Info] CCR Certificate Program Application Form

Godfrey, Patrice Patrice.Godfrey at schools.utah.gov
Wed Sep 6 16:40:14 MDT 2017

To: school counselors that are NOT ALREADY ENROLLED and participating in the College and Career Readiness Certificate Program.
Attached please find the application form, page 1-3, needed to apply to the CCR Certificate Program. Please discard any files or hardcopies of previous versions of the application form and use only the attached form dated September 2017.  Remember, the official transcripts are a very important part of this application process.  Please read the instructions, page 4, carefully and ask questions if necessary.  Fill out the fillable PDF form, sign it electronically, (or manually) and save the file with a new name so you can then email it to us. Or print the PDF form, sign it, and mail it to us with your original transcripts. Either way is fine for us.

New this year...
We are encouraging you to send completed applications directly to the Utah State Board of Education to Holly Todd or Patti Godfrey.  The only signature you need to get for us is the local administrator at your school.  Usually this is your principal.  You still need to be recommended and endorsed by your district leaders, but we will get that approval signature for you after we receive your application.

In the future...
The deadlines for submission will no longer exist.  We used the submission deadlines as a way to manage the large numbers of applications we had to process at the time the program began in 2015.  We anticipate smaller numbers of forms being submitted from here on out.  When we receive your application, we will determine when the next cohort is starting and communicate with you based on that information.  In the future, we encourage you to apply for the program anytime throughout the year, knowing that you will be assigned the next available cohort.
The last deadline we will establish...
Since we have one last semester (spring 2018) that is guaranteed to be paid by the legislature we will observe the October 1, 2017 deadline this one last time.  The deadline will ensure that we enroll with priority those who take the time to submit their applications by the deadline.  Anything we receive after the October 1 deadline will be treated as fairly as possible, but there are no guarantees those individuals will be included in the spring 2018 cohort.  After spring 2018 semester, legislative funding is expected to end and you may be paying for the courses yourself.

Boy - Have we got an offer for you...
Since we only have one last semester (spring 2018) that is guaranteed to be paid by the legislature we are offering to let you take component 1 and component 3 together.  This opportunity will save you the SUU credit fee of $63 you may have to pay for the component 3 course because you would normally have to take it in a later semester after the June 30, 2018 funding expiration date.  This may not seem fun to some of you because you would be carrying a course load of 6 credits, while you work full-time.  But we thought some of you may enjoy the savings, plus getting through the program quickly, and would not be afraid of the double course-work.  (Remember, component 2 is Updates and Essentials so make sure to register online for the date that works best for you and your administration.)
Just let us know in an email if you want to take advantage of this offer.
To:  active program participants.
You do not need to submit another application at this time.  If you have any questions about where you are in the program and what your next steps should be, please feel free to contact patrice.godfrey at schools.utah.gov<mailto:patrice.godfrey at schools.utah.gov> via email or phone 801-455-4391.
To: the 197 CCR program completers.Congratulations.

Patrice Godfrey
College and Career Readiness Certificate Program
For School Counselors
Utah State Board of Education
250 E 500 S
PO Box 144200