[CCGP Info] Summer Conference 2017 Registration

Todd, Holly Holly.Todd at schools.utah.gov
Thu Mar 30 16:05:33 MDT 2017

School Counselors,

We are happy to announce that we are partnering again this year with Youth in Care, Alternative and Adult Education, Prevention, Work-Based Learning, the Governor's Office through Talent Ready Utah and Special Education for the Student Advocacy Services Summer Conference. Registration will open April 1st at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/student-advocacy-services-2017-road-to-success-registration-32313555715

The conference theme is "Roads to Success:  Access, Attainment, Achievement". It is June 7-8, 2017 at Wasatch High School in Heber, UT.

The opening keynote address will be given by Fredi Lajvardi who was the teacher who inspired the motion picture Spare Parts.  We are also excited to have Carolyn Stone speaking to us about the implications of educational law and Vicky Kelly sharing her experiences in trauma informed practices.

If you intend on staying in Heber, Midway or Park City we encourage you to make your reservations as soon as possible. Lodging information can be found at the registration link and on the attached document.

Please read the additional information to assist you in the registration process.

*         Links for registration will be open and available beginning April 1, 2016.

*         You will be asked to identify a strand.  This will not require you to participate in those sessions, but helps us identify participation.  If you have multiple roles and any of those roles involve School Counseling or Work Based Learning, please mark that as the strand.

*         You can register multiple participants at one time.  You will need a separate email for each participant.

*         Your name badge will appear exactly as you type it in the registration document.  Please make sure you have spelled and capitalized correctly.

*         Due to changes in university procedures, we will only be offering USBE credit at the conference.

*         Registration will be available online only. There is no on-site registration.

Registration fee:

*         $45 (plus processing fee) for registrations received on or before May 7, 2017

*         $55 (plus processing fee) for registrations received after May7, 2017

*         There will be no onsite registration.

We are excited about the plans for this year and hope to see you there.