[CCGP Info] FW: CORRECTION: Gov. Herbert declares School Counseling Week in Utah

Tsosie-Jensen, Lillian Lillian.Tsosie-Jensen at schools.utah.gov
Tue Feb 3 20:13:08 MST 2015

Subject: FW: CORRECTION: Gov. Herbert declares School Counseling Week in Utah

From: Aimee Edwards [mailto:edwards at utah.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 10:04 AM
To: Aimee Edwards

CORRECTION: Please note the correct file attach. We apologize that the incorrect file was attached in my previous email.

*attached contains the following:

For Immediate Release

Contact: Aimee Edwards

Public Information Officer

801.538.1509<tel:801.538.1509> desk

801.755.3085<tel:801.755.3085> cell

edwards at utah.gov<mailto:edwards at utah.gov>

Gov. Herbert declares School Counseling Week in Utah

SALT LAKE CITY (Feb. 2, 2015) – Gov. Gary R. Herbert declared Feb. 2-6, 2015, School Counseling Week in Utah. Utah joins the national observation to focus attention to school counselors’ vital role in helping students succeed academically and plan for a career.

“Supporting school counselors is part of the investment we make to provide an educational system where the rising generation can realize its potential,” Gov. Herbert said. “School counselors work in partnership with administrators, teachers and parents to address any challenges students may experience and focus on positive ways to enhance students' personal, educational and career development and success.”

The declaration in Utah is sponsored by the Utah School Counselors Association. The association believes that guidance and counseling must be an integral part of every student’s education experience. For more information contact USCA Board Member Hali Nielsen at 435-660-1247<tel:435-660-1247>.

# # #