[CCGP Info] The new UtahFutures official launch August 15, 2014: Creating Profiles and Administrator Access

Tsosie-Jensen, Lillian Lillian.Tsosie-Jensen at schools.utah.gov
Mon Aug 11 14:37:03 MDT 2014

Hi all,

We are very excited to announce the official launch of the new newly designed UtahFutures, which goes live this Friday, August 15, 2014. Remember, this year will be a pilot year. We will be adding features and functionality through January 2015. If you have concerns, feedback or suggestions be sure to send a message to utahfutures at schools.utah.gov<mailto:utahfutures at schools.utah.gov> so we can share then with the development team

As a school counselor you will need to create a new personal profile which you will be able to use for demonstrating the site to students, for accessing administrator functions including creating and managing groups and running reports, and for personal use. At a minimum you will need to enter your first name, last name, user ID, password, and an e-mail address to use for password recovery.

The new UtahFutures has been designed for both students and adults.  Certain screens and functionality have been customized based on these two types of users.  If you want to be able to view the same functionality as a student, you will need to select any graduation year between 2014 and 2020 when you create your account.

If you plan to be the site administrator at your school, after you create your profile, contact your District School Counseling Leader or District CTE Director to let them know you will be the school site administrator and that you have created your personal profile. District personnel will then send an e-mail to utahfutures at schools.utah.gov<mailto:utahfutures at schools.utah.gov> with the names of all of the school site administrators for the district which I will review and send on to Dave Olson, the State Site Administrator, who will connect you as a school site administrator. If you are at a charter school, after you create a profile, send an e-mail directly to utahfutures at schools.utah.gov<mailto:utahfutures at schools.utah.gov> which I will review and send on to the State Site Administrator. Remember, a school site administrator must be a licensed educator. See attached document UtahFutures.org Standards of Practice for Students, School Counselors and Other Educators.

As soon as the new website is up, I will create Quick Start Guides with screen shots for students to use in creating their individual profile and requesting to be connected to a school, and for school site administrators to use in setting up groups and other administrator functions.

If the school counselors or other educators in your district need additional training on the new system, please contact me as soon as possible so we can schedule that training.

We think you will like the new site.

Dawn Stevenson, Coordinator
Dropout Prevention and Career Awareness
Utah State Office of Education