[CCGP Info] UtahFutures Users

Tsosie-Jensen, Lillian Lillian.Tsosie-Jensen at schools.utah.gov
Thu Feb 21 16:27:42 MST 2013

Dear UtahFutures Users,

On Feb 15, 2013, we became aware of a significant security concern with student portfolios in UtahFutures. Nearly 50% of all student portfolios were still using the SSID as both the username and password in spite of significant efforts to make sure those student portfolios were sufficiently password protected. This circumstance leaves not just students vulnerable, but every school counselor and teacher user, too. All K - 12 users, both students and staff, were disabled by setting all accounts as "expired."

We have been working desperately for a solution that is both sufficient and permanent. Unfortunately, that will not be accomplished easily. Currently we have no projected date when the system will be operational. I will keep you advised. In the meantime, students can access the browse option in UtahFutures to accomplish some of what users have been hoping to do.

I sincerely apologize for this unfortunate situation. Please share this information with other users in your school.

Dawn Stevenson, Coordinator
Dropout Prevention and Career Awareness
Utah State Office of Education
250 East 500 South