[AgEd] FW: [Usaged-l] FW: Distance Learning

Deimler, William L. William.Deimler at schools.utah.gov
Thu Mar 26 09:28:39 MDT 2020

From: usaged-l-bounces at lists.purdue.edu <usaged-l-bounces at lists.purdue.edu> On Behalf Of Grant Ermis
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 1:16 PM
Subject: [Usaged-l] FW: Distance Learning

Hello all.  I realize you all probably have a repository of some awesome resources building within your own states and teaching contexts, but I figured I would ship this out to you as something to pick through if you want to send it out to teachers in your states.  There are obviously a ton of California-specific resources here, but feel free to weed through and copy/paste to any communication with your teachers.

----Begin Message----

Hi all!  There are some amazing resources out there for agricultural educators.  They are compiled from many different resources across the country, so use them to your benefit.

  *   CTEOnline
     *   How to Teach CTE in an Online Environment<https://www.cteonline.org/charts/assignment/eGKb97#home>.  A great tool to get started, and an intro to some good resources available on CTEOnline<https://www.cteonline.org/>.
  *   University of Florida
     *   Online Ag Ed Resources<https://aec.ifas.ufl.edu/resources/ag-teachers/#d.en.786527> in the areas of:
        *   Agriscience
        *   Animal Science
        *   Food Science
        *   Plant Science
        *   Miscellaneous
     *   This is constantly being updated, so bookmark and check back often!
  *   iCEV
     *   Resources for Distance Learning<https://www.icevonline.com/distance-learning>
     *   Did you also know that iCEV also has integrations for Canvas, Schoolology, and Google Classrooms?!  So cool!
  *   Facebook
     *   Ag Ed Discussion Lab<https://www.facebook.com/groups/ageddiscussionlab/>.  You’re likely already familiar with this resource, but there are many ag teachers who function here in real time to help you with almost ANY need.
     *   California Ag Ed Discussion Lab<https://www.facebook.com/groups/499845520212162/>.  If you’re not already a member request to join!
     *   California Ag Mech Projects<https://www.facebook.com/groups/1184845088252835/>. Great resource for other Ag Mech teachers to connect.  Also, some pretty cool resources HERE<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ma-MJONSJhCpTKJxbJk77D4RsjhrDKxU>.
  *   Calaged.org
     *   You’re probably familiar with THESE<https://www.calaged.org/Teaching-Curriculum-Resources> resources, but if not have a gander!  Adapt some of the resources for an online learning environment and share with the rest of the crew.
  *   NAAE
     *   Communities of Practice<https://communities.naae.org/welcome>. This resource has a repository of EVERYthing you can think of, and the people to help you understand and use the materials.

There are so many resources out there for you to be successful!  The most important point is to connect with other people as often as you can.  This will most likely happen virtually these days, and you can use a variety of different platforms to suit your operation style (developed OR developing).  HERE<https://www.instructure.com/canvas/blog/canvas-partners-and-distance-learning> is a short list.

-----End Message-----

Grant
Director,
California Agricultural Teachers’ Induction Program
O: (530) 747-2008 ext. 130  |  C: (209) 480-7885
4632 2nd Street, Ste. 120  |  Davis, CA 95618
http://www.calagteachers.org/CATIP/