[AgEd] Resources for Agricultural Educators

Deimler, William L. William.Deimler at schools.utah.gov
Tue Mar 24 14:53:27 MDT 2020

From: Scott Stone <communications at acteonline.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 2:17 PM
Subject: Resources for Agricultural Educators

[ACTE]<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA1OA/index.html>

Greetings Fellow Ag Teachers,

I would like to first tell you how proud I am to call myself an ag teacher during this uncertain time in our country. The work ethic, creativity, dedication, camaraderie and compassion you have shown since the start of COVID-19 impacting our areas have been second to none.

I know that I and my students are facing uncharted waters and I am scared and nervous. I am sure that many of you are experiencing the same feelings. I keep telling myself it will be ok. We will get through this if we rely on each other and our belief system.

Speaking of relying on each other, the outpouring of curriculum, materials, and resources from companies, organizations and fellow teachers has been huge. I am not going to try and list everything that is out there but if you have questions or are struggling please reach out to me at Scott.Stone at catnet.gen.mo.us<mailto:Scott.Stone at catnet.gen.mo.us>. My cell phone is 573-881-3315 if you have any questions or concerns. I try and share things on my Facebook page<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA1OQ/index.html> as I find them.

The staff at ACTE has been at the forefront of working on our behalf. They have been to Capitol Hill fighting for our schools. They have been assembling resources and information that we as teachers can use. ACTE has a comprehensive webpage<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA2MA/index.html> outlining information in response to COVID-19.

The staff is working remotely in order to help flatten the curve of the virus but can be reached by emailing memberservices at acteonline.org<mailto:memberservices at acteonline.org>. There is also a short survey<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA2MQ/index.html> on the website that I would encourage you to fill out. This will help the staff gather valuable information.

ACTE also has a great webpage designed to help CTE teachers with remote and distant learning resources<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA2Mg/index.html>.

NAAE, as always, is also providing excellent resources for teachers. You can find updated information on its website<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA2Mw/index.html>. The NAAE Communities of Practice<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA2NA/index.html> is also a great resource for ideas and information, and they are creating a community of on-line/distant learning resources.

The Ag Ed Discussion Lab on Facebook<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA2NQ/index.html> is a great resource for materials and questions as well. For instance, I have been fretting about what to do about our plant sale. I have a greenhouse full of plants. Just this morning when I checked the group, there was an article about online plant sales. It gave me some great ideas.

In closing, we are all in this together. We will survive and we will be stronger for the experience. Thank you for everything you do to make our country strong. If you need assistance please feel free to reach out to me at Scott.Stone at catnet.gen.mo.us<mailto:Scott.Stone at catnet.gen.mo.us>.

[https://ACTE.informz.net/ACTE/data/images/Scott%20Stone%20Informz.PNG?cb=450181]

Be safe and be well,

Scott Stone<mailto:Scott.Stone at catnet.gen.mo.us>

ACTE Agricultural Education Division Vice President

Association for Career and Technical Education<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA2Ng/index.html>

1410 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314

703-683-3111

To manage your preferences, click here<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnU9NzgyNjI0ODg5JmxpPTY0MTg0MDY3Jmw9aHR0cDovL0FDVEUuaW5mb3Jtei5uZXQvQUNURS9wYWdlcy9NYW5hZ2VfUHJlZmVyZW5jZXM_X3pzPVg2OTlCMXxfem1pPVJER2c/index.html>

[facebook]<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA2OA/index.html>

[youtube]<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA2OQ/index.html>

[twitter]<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA3MA/index.html>

[pinterest]<http://ACTE.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03ODU5MDg1JnA9MSZ1PTc4MjYyNDg4OSZsaT02NDE4NDA3MQ/index.html>