[AgEd] FW: [Usaged-l] UF IFAS Online Agricultural Education Online and Take Home Resources

Deimler, William L. William.Deimler at schools.utah.gov
Fri Mar 20 10:22:02 MDT 2020

From: usaged-l-bounces at lists.purdue.edu <usaged-l-bounces at lists.purdue.edu> On Behalf Of Easterly,Tre
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 10:19 AM
Subject: [Usaged-l] UF IFAS Online Agricultural Education Online and Take Home Resources

Dear Agricultural Education Community,

I hope everyone is staying safe through these uncertain times with unprecedented changes. I know a large number of schools have moved to online learning or take home assignments. In visiting with teachers, student interns, and reflecting on my abilities as a teacher, I realize how much of a challenge this will be. Agricultural education is active, engages students in authentic experiences, and utilizes personal connections with students. This can be difficult to facilitate in an online or take-home learning environment.
With a team of agricultural education faculty and graduate students here in AEC, I have developed a website to house resources in an effort to help teachers during this time. These resources are designed to be used by agriculture teachers to facilitate learning online or through distance formats.

https://aec.ifas.ufl.edu/resources/ag-teachers/

We hope the website will be regularly updated with resources both from our department and from educators like yourselves. If you have resources you are willing to share, please email them to me and I will make sure they get posted. Feel free to share this with the agriculture teachers and students teachers in your state.

[Signature Gator with line]
Dr. Tre Easterly | Assistant Professor
Agricultural Education and Communication, University of Florida, IFAS
307C Rolfs Hall, P.O. Box 110540, Gainesville, FL  32611-0540
Phone:  352-273-4052 Fax 352-392-9585