[AgEd] FW: COVID Welding Proclamations

Deimler, William L. William.Deimler at schools.utah.gov
Mon Jun 22 14:32:55 MDT 2020

From: Blair Jensen <blair.jensen at jordandistrict.org>
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 11:50 AM
To: Deimler, William L. <William.Deimler at schools.utah.gov>; Jared Massic <jared.massic at nebo.edu>; Kirk S. Willoughby (Kirk.Willoughby at millardk12.org) <Kirk.Willoughby at millardk12.org>; Denise Hevner <Denise.Hevner at slcschools.org>
Subject: COVID Welding Proclamations

Hey y'all,

While completing the advanced level welding exam, Denise, Jared, Kirk, and I shared our frustrations with Buddy regarding trying to teach welding online.  When we completed the test revision our discussion led to the creation of the attached documents.  We created a proclamation to USBE to list welding education as an essential service training, to be given special permissions due to the intense need for hands-on learning in our shops.

 After creating the first proclamation we realized we should have separate proclamations to align with each level of the Utah Health Guidance Systems color code in case the situation gets worse and they decide to escallate back up the scale.

 We would like you to add your voice to ours.  There is great strength in a united front.  Please read through the attached proclamations.  If you would like to add your signature to the documents I need you to email me the following items so I can add them to the original documents:

  - A digital copy of your signature
  - Your name, title, and institution

 My email is blair.jensen at jordandistrict.org<mailto:blair.jensen at jordandistrict.org>.  I will finallize the documents next Thusday, July 2.  Please send your signatures to me before then.  You can also send me an image of your signature on clean white paper if you're unsure of how to create a digital one.

Blair Jensen
Jordan Academy for Technology & Careers
Welding Instructor
SkillsUSA & FFA Advisor
[https://drive.google.com/a/jordandistrict.org/uc?id=1-54Y7_94REDQp7TJq02p_gOxnhvp2naO&export=download][https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=13yb-SHIVBOkpyCQlkBi-dKpfzAulIgcz&revid=0B73BBoOvkBDvNUMrb3ZFa0Z3NnJVLzA5eFoxdHlOOHFNVGtZPQ]

"Don't be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try" Michael Jordan