[AgEd] Person(s) needed for the Teach Ag team- inclusion and diversity

Tyson Sorensen tyson.sorensen at usu.edu
Mon Jun 22 07:15:29 MDT 2020

Good morning teachers,

I hope this email finds you well. As you know, NAAE has made it a priority to increase inclusion, diversity, and equity across the profession. Each year, we receive funding from NAAE as part of a grant for recruitment and retention efforts within the state, and now we are charged with establishing and carrying out a diversity and inclusion plan for our state with those funds as well. I am reaching out to our association to see if any of you would be interesting in championing this effort to increase inclusion, diversity and equity in Utah and serve on our state’s Teach Ag (STAR) committee.  If you are interested, please let me know as soon as possible. We will receive $1,000 each year in the coming years to carry out activities to improve in this area. As I’ve been in discussions with state leaders across the country, there are a few simple things we can do to get this ball rolling, and once we get a person/team in place for these efforts, I can share those ideas with you. New teachers, this opportunity does not exclude you--please feel free to volunteer if you are interested. This is a great way to provide some leadership to the profession.

Thanks,

Tyson Sorensen