[AgEd] The Gavel Drops in Less Than 24 Hours!

Megan Cook megan.cook at utahffa.org
Tue Jun 9 10:21:19 MDT 2020

Advisors,

We are looking forward to an exciting 92nd Annual Utah FFA State Convention
this week! We kicked off the week Monday morning with the State Officer
selection process and will roll into the First General Session tomorrow
morning at 10:00 am. Make sure you are following Utah FFA on Facebook so
you don't miss a thing!

Our State Officers have been putting forth their absolute best efforts to
make this a positive experience for our FFA members. I commend them for
their dedication to following through with their officer responsibilities,
even though they will likely go down in history as the longest serving Utah
FFA State Officer team. Their work over the past few months has been
completed with excellence and a positive attitude.

A few fun notes and reminders for this week:

   - We are excited to award *over $30,000* in student scholarships this
   year! This is a record high for Utah FFA. We are so grateful to our
   sponsors who stayed by our side through these trying times. We know that
   they believe in the future of agriculture and FFA, but most importantly,
   our students. Show them some love by checking out the Virtual Expo
   <http://goveb.co/eb/279cd8>!

   - Additionally, we are pleased to still be able to provide all
   traditional cash awards, plaques, certificates, and pins to students and
   chapters, which will be mailed to chapters within a few weeks after
   convention has finished.

   - If you still need to access the session and contest announcement
   schedule, be sure to check out the Utah FFA Facebook and Instagram pages.
   Schedules can also be found on UtahFFA.org HERE
   <https://www.utahffa.org/state-ffa-convention>.

   - There are only *10* remaining slots left in the National Officer
   virtual workshop that will be held on Friday. The form will close when 50
   students have signed up, or this evening at 5:00 pm, whichever comes first.
   Sign up HERE <https://form.jotform.com/201496878099070>.

   - Don't forget to have your students snap photos of them viewing State
   Convention and tag Utah FFA on social media!

We hope you enjoy this unique Convention experience!

Best,

*Megan Cook*
Utah FFA Executive Secretary

Office (435) 797-2167