[AgEd] Climate hub curriculum for Ag Teachers

Deimler, William L. William.Deimler at schools.utah.gov
Tue Nov 26 13:39:21 MST 2019

From: Jessica Grundy <jessica.grundy at waynesd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 11:46 AM
Subject: Fwd: Climate hub curriculum for Ag Teachers

Dear Ag Educators/FFA Advisors,

Across the country, farmers, ranchers and forest land users are seeing an increase in risks to their operations due to fires, increases in invasive pests, droughts, and floods.

The USDA launched seven Regional Hubs for Risk Adaptation and Mitigation to Climate Change. These “Climate Hubs” address increasing risks (fires, invasive pests, floods, droughts, etc.) on a regional basis. They aim to translate science and research into actionable ways for farmers, ranchers and forest landowners to adapt and adjust their resource management.

The Asombro Institute is partnered with the USDA SW Regional Climate Hub to generate curriculum to be used in agriculture education classrooms and potentially to assist with preparation for Career and Leadership Development Events (CDE/LDE). This curricula will be free.

In order to meet the needs of ag education/FFA we would appreciate your input as we begin development. This should only take a few minutes of your time and we value your feedback. Thank you for your time, we will inform you when this project is complete and you will be able to download it.

Here is the link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DF7MJ7C

Kim O’Byrne- Program Leader Special Projects

--
Kim O'Byrne
Asombro Institute for Science