[AgEd] CTE Scholarships Applications LIVE
Deimler, William L.
William.Deimler at schools.utah.gov
Mon Nov 4 14:44:49 MST 2019
From: Higgs, Ashley <Ashley.Higgs at schools.utah.gov>
Sent: Friday, November 1, 2019 11:36 AM
Subject: CTE Scholarships Applications LIVE
It's that time of year again. The CTE Scholarships are LIVE! You may access the scholarship application at https://www.schools.utah.gov/cte/resources/scholarshipsawards?mid=3119&tid=0. We have a total of 127 scholarships to award to students who are a graduating senior or will be eligible to graduate before September 1, 2020! All applications will be submitted electronically using the Adobe Sign platform. Please pay special attention to the following items as you help students fill out this application.
* Pay close attention to the Application Scoring and Preparation tab. This information lets students know how the application is graded and what essay questions need to be answered during the application process. It would be proactive for students to type their answers to the essay questions in a Word document and save the document. When filling out the application, students can then copy/paste their answers into the application.
* Make sure students have all documents needed prior to filling out the application. Students will need to complete the application in one session, meaning they are not able to save their progress and finalize later. It would be wise if students had all documentation saved to a folder on the desktop or a storage device. This will allow for easy upload to the application. The documents required for the application are:
* Letter of Recommendation from a CTE teacher
* Letter of Recommendation from another teacher, counselor, administration, etc.
* Signed, unofficial transcript with all CTE courses highlighted
* All CTE skill certifications and industry certifications. These need to be scanned individually and uploaded separately.
* Please review the webinar from October 30, that talks about how to access the application and how to submit. You can review the webinar at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AlJNQu-Gw4&t=49s.
* All applications are due electronically on January 31, 2020. No application will be considering for review if submitted past this date.
If you have any questions regarding the CTE scholarship and tuition awards, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Utah State Board of Education
CTE K-8 Educational Specialist
250 East 500 South
PO Box 144200
Salt Lake City, UT 84111-4200
Phone: 801.538.7594 | Fax: 801.538.7868
ashley.higgs at schools.utah.gov<mailto:ashley.higgs at schools.utah.gov>
Join/Unsubscribe the listserv:
Digital Literacy https://lists.uen.org/mailman/listinfo/digital-literacy
Teaching as a Profession https://lists.uen.org/mailman/listinfo/tap
Utah State Office of Education | Career & Technical Education | Learning That Works
Please note Utah has a very broad public records law. Most written communication to or from our state employees regarding state business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AgEd